Returns, Refunds & Shipping Info
RETURNS & REFUNDS
We’re happy to offer an exchange or refund on unworn items within 14 days – with a valid receipt or despatch confirmation note. Please send items to Jack Speak, 32 Lower Street, Dartmouth, Devon UK TQ6 9AN.
If you’ve lost your receipt or note, we can exchange items at the current selling price. All refunds will be via the payment method as before. Please also note your right to cancel.
Delivered within 3 - 5 working days (excluding Sunday's and Bank Holidays).
Our website, found under the URLs www.jackspeak.com and www.jack-speak.com, operated by Jackspeak Ltd (“Jack Speak”) is registered to 32 Lower Street, Dartmouth, Devon TQ6 9AN (company number 13685748.) All references to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be deemed to be references to Jack Speak. and references to “you” and “your” shall be deemed to be references to persons placing an order via this website.
The following terms and conditions apply to all use of the Jack Speak website. By placing an order with us you agree to have read, understood and accepted to these terms and conditions. Please note, as these may be subject to change at any time without notice, it is your responsibility to check this page prior to any use or purchase. If you have any queries regarding our terms and conditions, please contact us before use or order placement.
Offers & Discounts
• Discounts are valid when shopping online, by phone and in all stores excluding concessions & outlets. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied retrospectively
• Free postage and returns is only valid for UK mainland addresses.
• Discounts are not valid for the purchase of Gift Cards, exclusions on some products apply online or in store.
• When placing an order, you agree that all details you provide to www.jackspeak.com for the purpose of purchasing goods are accurate and complete in all respects.
• Your contract for purchases made through www.jackspeak.com is with Jackspeak Ltd and you confirm that all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only and are not for resale.
• All orders are subject to product availability and acceptance by Jack Speak Ltd.
• The price and availability of goods are subject to change without notice.
• Promotional offers, vouchers and codes may not be used on sale products, or in conjunction with any other offer, unless otherwise stated. All offers are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Any offer of free delivery is limited to a standard delivery service, to UK mainland only.
• By placing an order via this website, you are making an offer to Jack Speak to purchase the goods detailed in your order upon the terms described, at which point your payment card or Paypal account will be pre-authorised.
• You certify that the payment method you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product/s ordered.
• No charge will be applied to credit/debit cards or Paypal accounts until the point of despatch; therefore no contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and Jack Speak until we accept your order by despatching your order.
• Where a Gift Card has been used as payment, the balance will be debited at the point of order placement.
• If any product from your order is unavailable, we will contact you by email, then attempt to fulfill your order from store and confirm details of any cancellation made where fulfillment has not been possible.
• We are unable to make amendments to an order after the point of despatch. Should you wish to make any changes prior to despatch, please contact our store on 01803 833103
• It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught willfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will have their details passed onto the Police.
Jack Speak reserve the right to terminate our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the site immediately and without notice to you if:
• You fail to make payment to us when due.
• You breach any of our terms and conditions.
• If requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable time frame, sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity.
• We suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have way of being involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on www.jackspeak.com
Conformity of Goods
Every care is taken to ensure that the description, specification and pricing of all products shown on our website and in our catalogues is correct. The product information and specification provided is not binding, but is carefully considered and intended to give a general description of each product.
While the colour reproduction of each product is a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the differences in browser software.
Jack Speak will act immediately to correct any error identified and are under no legal obligation to honour a price displayed in error.
www.jackspeak.com accepts most major credit cards including Mastercard, Visa, Delta, Maestro, Solo and American Express. We also accept payment via Paypal and Gift Card. All prices displayed are inclusive of UK sales tax (VAT) at the current rate.
All delivery time-frames stated are estimated and may be subject to change. Please note, for International deliveries, local import duties and charges may apply.
Returns will be accepted within 14 days of receipt, where goods are returned in perfect condition and where possible in their original packaging with all tags attached.
Your Right to Cancel
• As an EU consumer you have up to 14 days from the day after you receive your order to cancel and return goods you have ordered from us.
• You can cancel your contract for sale of goods from us using our cancellation form, or alternatively by contacting our Customer Services team by phone, email or post.
• You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods and they must be returned within 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of the contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
• If you cancel your order we will reimburse you within 14 days from when we receive the goods back or when we receive proof you have sent the goods back (whichever is earlier).
• We will reimburse all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for any ‘diminished value’ of goods e.g. worn clothing.
• We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
To place an order with us online, registration is required. At the point of registration, we request certain information including your name, delivery and email address and payment card details. This information is required to enable us to process your order and notify you of its progress.
Information we use, how & why
Once an order has been placed, we will contact you by email to confirm your order details and again once your order has been accepted and despatched. Should we need to contact you for any reason regarding your order, we will use the email address registered to your account, or the telephone number where provided.
After you have registered with our website, we would also like to send you our seasonal emails, along with details of our latest products and special offers.
With the exception of feedback requests or assistance with delivery, we will never pass your e-mail address to any other organisation. For the sole purpose of aiding a delivery, your contact details may be shared with the chosen carrier.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us with details of our seasonal products, latest offers and events, please follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the foot of the latest email received.
Contacting us by Telephone
Please call us on 01803 833103
When using our social media tags, keep in mind that this information is shared publicly. Therefore, don't give out any information you wouldn't be comfortable with a stranger knowing - this includes your address, phone number, date of birth, email address, bank and credit card details, and place of work.
Your outfits are likely to appear in the following places:
• Home Page - If it is selected by the Jack Speak team.
• Instagram & Twitter - Users searching for the relevant hashtags will be able to see your post and your profile.
• Instagram & Twitter - On our official account if selected by the social media team.
• Journal Pages - If your outfit is tagged appropriately they may be selected by the Jack Speak team to support the editorial.
• Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and other social networking sites and search sites.
What if I want to keep my posts private?
If your social media account is set to "private", your posts will not be seen by anyone other than those in your network. If your social media account is public, we recommend that you do not use these tags or you delete them from your post.
If you have any queries about the personal information we are holding in your name, please contact us by email or telephone, we will be more than happy to review your account and update our records as required.
Safety & Security
Our website uses the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standard, whenever you place an order or access your account information. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software we use encrypts the information you input, ensuring that it is virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you provide.
Once an order has been placed, we don’t store the details of your payment card, with the exception of the last four digits and a unique token reference provided by your card issuer. This eliminates the need for merchants, e-commerce sites and operators of mobile wallets to store sensitive payment card data on their networks and reduces the risk of fraud.
Use of ‘Cookies’
Cookies are small pieces of data or text files that are stored by your web browser on your hard drive. Cookies allow a website to personalise your shopping experience and let the website know when the user has returned for example. Our cookies do not contain any personal information about you however and are only used to determine your browser and user preferences for our site, to help enhance your browsing experience. However, if you prefer, you can set your browser software to not accept cookies. You should still be able to use our site without cookies enabled, but you may lose a certain level of functionality.
We reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services. We may modify these Conditions at any time by posting the Conditions on our website.
Jack Speak does not seek to exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence or that of its members, agents, directors or employees or for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and save as provided above, neither Jack Speak nor any associated company shall be liable to you by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, or in negligence (whether on the part of Jack Speak or any of its members, agents, directors, employees or otherwise) for any indirect special or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to loss of profit or loss of saving), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the use of this website, the supply of the products or their use or resale by you.
The limitations of liability in these conditions shall apply equally for the benefit of Jack Speak and any other associated company of Jack Speak as if references to Jack Speak included references to each such associated company.
While Jack Speak uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, it does not give any warranty as to its accuracy or completeness and Jack Speak will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results arising from the use of such information.
While Jack Speak takes all reasonable steps to ensure a fast and reliable service, it does not guarantee that your use of this website will be interruption or error free and will not be responsible for any disruption, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto any computer system.
Further, Jack Speak will not be responsible nor liable for your use of any other websites which you may access via links within this website. Jack Speak does not control these websites and is not responsible for their content. Any such links are provided merely as a service to users of this website and their inclusion in this website does not constitute an endorsement by or affiliation with Jack Speak.
The entire liability of Jack Speak under or in connection with any contract for any products to which these conditions apply shall not exceed the price of the products, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
Jack Speak will not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or any other contract with you by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations in relation to the products ordered by you if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond its reasonable control.
Jack Speak may assign or transfer any of its rights or sub contract any of its obligations under these terms and conditions to any third party. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights or sub contract any of your obligations under these terms and conditions except with the specific permission in writing of Jack Speak.
No person who is not a party to these terms and conditions shall have any right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Nothing in these conditions is intended nor shall affect any of your statutory rights that may not be legally excluded.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of the www.jackspeak.com web pages are owned or controlled by Jack Speak. In accessing www.jackspeak.com web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of the www.jackspeak.com web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of Jack Speak.
Third Party Information
We cannot be held responsible for material displayed on third party websites or any other written material. The only prices that apply for Jack Speak products are those stated on the Jack Speak material.
These Terms and Conditions and your use of our website are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. This does not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
This website and our Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom and under UK law. Whilst we are happy to consider requests for products and enquiries from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the use of this website or the placing of any order through this website from outside the UK complies with any applicable non-UK laws or regulations. Accordingly, any products or promotions not permitted under your local law are not offered to you.
Jack Speak Ltd,
32 Lower Street
Devon TQ6 9AN
Privacy & Cookies: How we keep your data safe and secure.
Protecting Your Privacy
At Jack Speak we’re committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions about how we do this, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we use your information
We typically use your personal data in order to fulfil an order you place with us, monitor website activity and for marketing purposes.
In order to provide our services to you, we will share your data with the following types of companies who we have a relationship with:
• Companies who enable us to get your order to you, such as warehouses, delivery companies and payment service providers.
• Professional service providers who help us to run our business, such as website hosts and marketing agencies.
• Law enforcement, fraud prevention agencies and any relevant regulator where there is a legal duty for us to do so.
• Companies specifically approved by you, such as those you’ve asked to hear from when entering a competition on our website.
They will only process your personal information on our instructions, where there is a business need to do so, and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Your personal information may be transferred outside the EU, but we will always seek to ensure that it is subject to appropriate data security at all times.
We may give third parties anonymous information at an aggregated level, but no individual customer could be identified by this.
We will not sell any of your personal data to any third parties.
We will keep you up to date on the latest offers, online exclusives, sale launches and news by mail and email, but only if you have given us your permission to do so.
If you would prefer to stop receiving these messages from us then you can do this at any time by either:
• Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email, or
• By contacting our store on 01803 833103 or by emailing email@example.com
Once you’ve done this you will stop receiving marketing messages from Jack Speak, but please be aware that, as catalogues are printed in advance, it can take up to six weeks for unsubscribes to be activated. For emails, your request may take a few days to process on our system. You will continue to receive service communications from us, for example order confirmation emails.
If you follow Jack Speak on Social Media, such as the Jack Speak Facebook group, all posts and personal data shared are also subject to this policy.
Keeping your information
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. When you proceed to make your purchase and your browser connects to the secure section of a Jack Speak website, your browser window frame will show a padlock icon to indicate that you are entering a secure area.
We will never ask you to confirm or supply any account or credit card details via email or text message. If you receive such a request, please do not respond and notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All our third party service providers are also required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to access any data we hold about you, and we will deal with any subject access request within 30 days. Please contact our privacy team at email@example.com or write to us at Jack Speak, 32 Lower Street, Dartmouth, Devon TQ6 9AN, marking your request “subject access request”. Please let us know your name and postal or email address to enable us to locate your data.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Jack Speak, 32 Lower Street, Dartmouth, Devon TQ6 9AN if you want us to erase, stop or amend any part of our processing and, as far as possible considering our legal obligations, we will do so.
You have the right of portability over your data (i.e. you can ask us to pass the information we hold on you to a third party in machine readable format). Let us know if you want us to do this by contacting us using the contact details below.
If you have any complaints, you can contact us (using the details below) and we’ll do everything we can to resolve the issue. If you feel your complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, the supervisory authority for data protection in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which you can contact on 0303 123 1113 or via their website at ico.org.uk.
Changes to this privacy statement
This statement does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this statement at any time.
How to contact us
You can contact our privacy team by emailing email@example.com
Alternatively you can write to us at:
32 Lower Street,
Devon TQ6 9AN